Couple lifestyle blog Seats For Two didn’t pass-up on the chance to meet the AlDub loveteam Maine Mendoza and Alden Richards for the first time in person.
As the number one and most-loved showbiz couple in the Philippines today, this special feature on the pair who preferred not to put a label on the current status of their relationship, is quite overdue, actually.
The get-together last weekend was a press conference in Quezon City for their upcoming movie “Imagine You & Me,” a romantic-comedy-drama movie directed by Mike Tuviera and long-awaited by their millions of fans both in the Philippines and around the world.
6 Secrets of Imagine You & Me Movie
In the discourse of the interview, Seats For Two discovered 6 trivia secrets as shared by the love birds Maine Mendoza and Alden Richards, who started out as a dub-smash queen and a long-time artist of GMA Network, respectively.
- In the trailer of “Imagine You & Me” movie, Maine & Alden had a “tampuhan” (minor quarrel) during the taping of the movie before the restaurant scene. Watch the trailer here.
- When asked on what influenced her the most in the making of the movie, Maine divulged that the “Serendipity” movie was one of her favorite rom-com movies which helped her character in IYAM.
- Direk Mike confessed that the movie producers intentionally veered away from any connection with Eat Bulaga‘s ‘KalyeSerye‘ in wanting to give the AlDub fans a different Alden-Maine flavor in the movie.
- Alden has at least one (1) crying scene in the movie and Direk Mike Tuviera confirmed that it only took “1 take” (one camera shoot), in accolade of Alden’s acting abilities.
- Maine is a self-confessed perfectionist. Direk Mike testified that there were scenes in which he was satisfied with the ‘take‘ but Maine wanted to retake it and do better. In the presscon, Mendoza jokingly blurted “I’m never good enough for anybody, [even myself]”.
- Although they tried to avoid revealing any spoilers about the movie, the AlDub loveteam confirmed that how they met in the movie/story is somehow comparable on how they met in real life when “Kalye Serye” started. They didn’t elaborate on it and encouraged everyone to catch the movie instead. 🙂
And of course, meeting the AlDub couple is not valid without proof, right? So here’s the obligatory selfie! 🙂
Catch the movie “Imagine You & Me” starting tomorrow, July 13, 2016 in cinemas nationwide! The Grand Premiere is tonight at SM Megmall.