A healthy cooking oil is an important aspect of creating a healthy dish altogether. So for this healthy Salmon Recipe, Jolly Canola Oil and GMA‘s Basta Everyday Happy, cooked it up with Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil!
We’re sharing here, courtesy of Jolly Canola Oil, the Healthy Salmon Recipe ingredients and procedure which they telecast from last December:
For the Salmon:
- 2 center-cut salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilanto
- 2 Tbsp Jolly Canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Salsa:
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 pcs medium tomatoes
- 2 firm-ripe avocados
- 1 pc rip mango
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow bowl. Toss well with lemon juice, cilantro, Jolly Canola oil, and pepper. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cook the salmon, skinside down in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan and carefully lifting the salmon with a spatula to loosen it from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan and cook until the salmon is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more. The skin should be crisp and the flesh medium rare.
- To make the salsa: Finely chop onion and mince garlic. In a bowl toss onion and garlic with cilantro.
- Chop tomatoes and mango, add to onion mixture, tossing to combine.
- Peel and pit avocados and cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Add avocados, lime juice, and pepper to taste. Spoon over cooked salmon.
Recipes @ Basta Everyday Happy
Hosted by Donita Rose, GMA 7’s Basta Everyday Happy, recently showcased heart-healthy recipes using Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil through the month of December. Eight episodes featured Filipino-favorites such as Beef Stew, Crispy Calamari, and one of Donita’s personal favorites “in the whole wide world” as she shares on Instagram, Crispy Binagoongan.
She tells of her Beef Kaldereta version “Pinoy ang lasa pero mas bongga! This is my Better Beefier Caldereta made healthier with Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil!”