“Ding! Dong! Do you hear what I hear? A song, a song high above the trees”. Christmas carols here and there. As always, we wanted something colorful, special and sweet for the holidays. So here’s a treat we learned from Yummy Magazine and KitchenAid Master Class held at Rustan’s Department Store in Gateway Center. The third and the last leg of Master Class featured pastry chef extraordinaire Penk Ching.
The founders and owner of Pastry Bin, Chef Penk is known as one of the leaders and pioneers in the wedding cake industry. Her customized cakes are one of the best selling cakes in the country.
Chef Penk proudly shared three (3) of her favorite dessert recipes – Feathery Cheesecake, Pear Honey Walnut Pie, and Royal Icing.
KitchenAid Partner in Kitchen
Yummy Magazine and KitchenAid partners and brought us three courses for the #YummyKitchenAidEasyRecipes.
The KitchenAid Hand Blender was perfect for making Matcha Frappé while the Hand Mixer made it really easy to make Salted Caramel Pastillas. KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Food Chopper created a smooth, refreshing Strawberry Trifle.
Recipe: Feathery Cheesecake
Makes one 10-inch tube cake
Baking Time is 65 minutes
For The Cake:
2 cups cake flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cooking oil
7 eggs, separated
3/4 cup water
1 teastpoon native lime (dayap) rind
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Preheat oven to 325 degree F
2. Sift together flour, cornstarch, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Place in a mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Pour in cooking oil, egg yolks, water and rind. Blend thoroughly with a wire whisk. Fold in grated cheese. Set aside.
3. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until frothy. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
4. Gradually fold in egg yolk mixture into the beaten egg whites. Pour into prepared tube pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 55 minutes. Raise temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
5. Cool cake and cover with damp cloth.
Make The Icing: Cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition. Pour milk in a stream and beat until icing is smooth. Fold in half of the grated cheese.
Spread icing all over the cake. Sprinkle remaining grated cheese over the icing then broil in oven for 3-5 minutes until icing slighlty melts and cheese turns goldne brown.
For more recipes #YummyKitchenAidEasyRecipes you may visit www.yummy.ph