The first thing young couples seriously prepare for is their new home. Believe us, we’ve been through this more than three years ago. Will we rent or get our own? Will we get a condominium or a house? These, aside from the nitty-gritty matters of choosing the proper home appliances down to the color of the curtains.
In case you chose a condo, which is a good place for young couples to start a life together in terms of accessibility and convenience, here are some tips which our friends from Haier Philippines shared with us.
From toiletries, to kitchenware, to on-call maintenance and repair services, all these serve to make life happen. Included in these little luxuries for comfort is the air-conditioner.
- Choose Comfort
- You don’t just have a little extra comfort in your life when you purchase your first air conditioner. Temperature control is a simple yet often overlooked aspect of daily living that contributes to the overall quality of the moments you spend together.
- According to a paper published by the American Psychological Association, Inc., cooler environments actively work to minimize tensions that form in places with generally high temperatures. This helps set the stage for a happy domestic life.
- With days and nights running as cool and as breezy as you need them to be, it’s so much easier to imagine better and more comfortable days ahead. There are so many smart products on the market, but if you know exactly what your home needs, you’re bound to make the smartest choices.
- Be A Smart Consumer
- Since monthly expenses are typically an issue for starter homes, you might want to consider how much it would cost to operate your air conditioner every month, specially during this summer season.
- Inverter-type models with lower wattage requirements and high Electrical Efficiency Ratios (EER) ranging 10 and up are good for most condos and are affordable enough for moderate daily use.
- Consider the Size of Your COndo
- It’s typically a good idea to be sure of the amount of space you’re cooling with your air conditioner. On average, smaller apartments in the range of 30–50 sqm need compact, window-type units that run at .5 horsepower (hp), like the Haier HW-05LMB13.
- Larger apartments closer to the 100 sqm range often benefit from larger window-type inverters, such as the Haier AQUA AQ-RV97BP, which run at 1 to 1.5hp. A Japanese brand that replaced Sanyo, AQUA delivers inverter window-type air conditioners designed to cater to the needs of the Southeast Asian market.
- Know Your Air Conditioner
- With up to four available fan and cooling settings, the Haier HW-05LMB13 can take on cozy, comfortable nights or sweltering summer heat with the turn of a dial, making sure that you only use as much power as you need. Meanwhile, the Haier AQUA comes with a 24-hour timer, a user-friendly touch panel, and a number of different digital cooling settings to let you set the right temperature for your home.
“It’s important for couples to consider appliances that help create a healthy and comfortable home environment. At Haier, we strive to deliver products that users can enjoy together. This is the same for our air conditioners, which have been designed to set an atmosphere that’s perfect for home life,” says Nobuhito Hayashi, President & CEO of Haier Philippines.